Saturday, October 14, 2006

Here a Dilla, There a Dilla, Everywhere a Dilla Dilla

Far be it from me to offend popular sensibilities...
But I have reached another tolerance point.

It's the month of Ramadan, a Holy month, a month in which Muslims around the globe spend getting closer to God through prayer, disciplining ourselves with fasting, and understanding the world, man, and Creation by studying the Qur'an.

So I'm not really even on here this month. If I wasn't 100 percent addicted, I woud have taken the month off of the Myspace.

But, that's crazy talk.

Anyways, I just wanted to take a moment to announce to Black People everywhere that Ossie Davis did more for Black People than J-Dilla did.

And I'm sick of reading "Dilla Changed My Life" blogs and bulletins on the Myspace. Most of y'all didn't even know dude by name until he died. And even with the current "Dilla was the greatest, most meaningful person in hip-hop history" movement, half of y'all wouldn't recognize dude if he wasn't in a "RIP Dilla" photo.

The thing that elevates us beyond past societies is the fact that we BURY our dead. We don't worship our dead.

And if you were going to pick a figure to continually bombard people with day in, day out... Why not Ossie Davis?


Without Ossie Davis, there would have been no civil rights movement, and you can take that fact to the bank.



With Hip-Hop being dead, I know it's hard for people, we are not coping well... But seriously folks, enough is enough.







I am The Truth Sayer, and I approve of this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.