Friday, April 28, 2006

The Truth about me...

====================================================
After reading this, I realize this is way more random than I intended. Deal.
====================================================

Last night I realized a few things...

I really really do hate alcohol, and I can't stand being around who are drinking. I don't care if it is whiskey, moonshine, beer, Zima, "just a white wine," malt liquor....

The smell of it is repulsive, and the drunken enthusiasm of an inebriated female is not flattering at all, in any way. Even on a night when I may be feeling kinda lonely, vulnerable, in need of an ego stroke.

















"You're SO tall!!
How tall are you???
You're SO TALL!!!
Ohmygod I loooove your hair! Can you do my hair like that???"


Speaking of which... I am 99.995 percent confident that I could never ever date a white woman.

Can't do it.

I can remember the first time somebody referred to me as "The Truth Sayer"

I own the Truth.

I feel entitled, empowered to speak Truth without fear of how it seems, or what people might think.

Me in a romantic relationship with a white woman would have a pack of ku klux klansmen outside of our home less than a week after the honeymoon.




















 
"He said WHAT??? String 'im up!"


When I look at these 2006 whiteboys, asians, filipinos, mexicans...
I want to tell them:
"Turn your f*$&ing hat around. WE started wearing them to the back!"
"Pull up your f^*$ing pants! There is no logical reason for you to SAG!"
"Put the damn G's back on the end of your words! You are neither from the Hood nor the Streets!"
I digress.

In my observations and analysis of different folk in my life, I know that I completely trust myself with whatever I feel.
But, when I try to express to someone else why I'm closer to person A than to person B, it's tough for me to say anything beyond, "Because I am."

But I have a great example.

I do what I say.
And I say what I do.

That's me.

My friend called me this morning to ask, "Hey, are we still on for breakfast tomorrow?"

My thinking is, of course we are, if I had a change of mind or plans, I would have called you to let you know. You would never have to call me to find out if I was still going to do something that I said I would.

Ever.

So, I realize how much it does bother me when people do not do as they say.
It really does.

Big things. Small things. Don't matter.

I made a cameo at the Spoken Word spot last week and read something.

Afterwards, during the whole after-function awkward mingling thing, I ended up in a conversation with somebody about my monniker, "The Truth Sayer" and the piece I read.

She said, "It's like you say what most people think. That's deep."

I replied, "No... I say what people would think if they could."


That's deep.

In truth, lots of these thoughts are inspired by specific events, specific people, yes. I may be talking about you.

But, whether I'm speaking to you, about you, or not addressing you at all... it doesn't really matter.

It's still Truth.
And contrary to popular opinion, Truth is NOT relative.


 Truth Is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.