Friday, May 26, 2006

My Review of X-Men: The Last Stand


Hated It!


To be completely honest... I hated the first one, and barely liked the second one.

But this was horrible.

I mean, really, really horrible.

It had a few saving moments..... an opening fight scene (which we find out is only a f*$'g simulation)...

Cyclops dies, thank God...but he fags up the screen for what seems like 30 minutes with his emo, "I grew a beard cuz I'm sufferring" crap.

Oh yeah, Dr Frasier Crane played The Beast! And hearing him say "Oh my stars and garters" was near worth the price of admission.



Yes.... "I'm the Juggernaut Bitch" was in the movie. And shouting it out loud with 300 other people at 2 in the morning was a wonderful experience.

But.... the movie sucked. They didn't explain anything. They lamed up most of the characters. Too many holes in the plot. Bad acting and baaaad dialogue.

And because I have been a fan of the comic book since I was in elementary school, I'm talking about the Uncanny X-Men... I have to express specific greivences.

-Halle Berry was the worst possible actor to play Storm. Ever. It's should have been Angela Bassett. Or dang, Sanaa Lathan before she sold out with "Something New"

-They did a piss-poor job of using Jean Grey as the Phoenix, and in typical Hollywood fashion, instead of explaining it properly, took a shortcut and said she had some kind of split personality bullcrap.

-No Sentinels

-They killed Professor X in a crappy way, that served no purpose.

-Complete misuse of the Morlocks, bordering on disrespect.

-trying to create a "hidden passion" love angle between Wolverine and Jean Grey was annoying as hell.

-they made one of the ORIGINAL X-Men, Angel, into a bit-part, lame loser of a character. WEAK!

-what the heck happened to the entire storyline of X-Men 2, with Wolverine finding out the truth about his past? Weapon X!

-I'm having a really hard time understanding how they can take a comic book, make a SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON out of it, and then make a series of movies that's not even as good as the dang cartoon.

I don't even want to think about this movie anymore.

If you're a fan of the comics, I already know you're going to go see this.
And you will hate it.


If you liked the first two movies.... I don't know what's wrong with you.

But, aside from some entertaining moments, some awesome effects, and some great one-liners from Wolverine and Magneto.... This move was horrid and terrible.

Stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.