Monday, September 18, 2006

Stop 2pac before he kills you too

I wonder...

There have been 106 murders in Oakland this year.

That is more than one every other day.

If someone were to make a "Stop Killing" T-Shirt...

Who would wear it?

Would Mista Fab, E-40, Keek, or any of these other coonclowns ever be caught DEAD wearing it?

I doubt it.

Could this new breed of rappers even get together to create a message like "We're All In The Same Gang"?

No.

Don't even front.

It's a message that is the complete opposite of the tomcoonery they perpetuate.

And you know that even if they managed to make it through the recording process, somebody would get shot during the video shoot.

I wish pain on each and every one of these messengers. Not so much for me, but for the innocent victims. These young people who truly believe they are Niggas and Bitches, Go Dumb Dudes and Hyphy Hoes.

I hope that each of these rappers dies alone. In pain. And broke.

And for each of us who mistakenly shouts out "It ain't the rappers' fault! It's the meeeeedia! We got to blame the media and the record companies who support the music they make!"

I slowly and carefully extend my middle finger in your direction.


Take a moment.
Stare carefully as I retract it.
Now listen to my words.

Neither the media, the record executives nor the devil have any obligation to our communities. Their only goal is to seperate us from our money. And if it doesn't sell, they don't make it.

And for those who understand that white kids make up the majority of the hip-hop purchasing audience, I applaud you.

So am I contradicting myself? Is it really white kids in Concord, Simi Valley,  Little Rock? Are they to blame?

Of course not.... cuz they don't want it if it doesn't have 'street cred'.

If it's not Nigger Approved.

If it doesn't carry that Ghetto Pass, they'll pass on it, too. They only wish to emulate us, of course.
So...
until the day that Black Queens stop dancing to bitches & hoes songs in the clubs...
until Black Kings turn off that new "slap" with that same meaningless message, perpetuating, violence, misogyny, drug and alcohol abuse...
until Black People stop looking for redeeming qualities in every piece of negative materials, stop justifying the ignorance that we perpetuate upon ourselves...
 it ain't gonna happen.


The reason why I despise 2pac is because he could have stopped all of this.

While living, he could have said, "Let's put down the guns"
"Let's stop this violence, y'all."
"Trust me, I been shot 5 times (brothas is hard to kill, on my block) we got ta find a better way."

And I guarantee that it would have happened. He had that power.

He was that influential.

But the son of the Black Panthers instead embodied the very lifestyle that would take his life.

As my boy Mezmer put it:

"Pac was the definition of going dumb.
Huge talent, huge heart. 6 feet deep before the age of 30."


"Thug Life" huh?

This is our "Angel"... The rose from concrete.

Before 2pac, rap beefs didn't leave the studio. Kool Moe Dee and LL Cool J, KRS and Marley Marl (and the entire Juice Crew), hell, even "real" Gangstaz, Ice Cube vs NWA, Dr Dre vs Eazy E... after Eazy died they all admitted it was a hoax. A ruse.

But all we needed was somebody so "real" he could inspire a nation of hopeless Black youth. Young Black Men to follow in his footsteps. No dreams, no goals, no plans, and no expectations.

Fuck
Smoke
Drink
Rap


Die.


I don't expect anyone to join me on my campaign.

With the exception of some (well-meaning) white folks, I will walk alone.

Fighting Black People to save Black People.

Cuz Niggers are too scared to let go of the very thing which has been keeping you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.