Friday, July 11, 2008

Done with the Rebound... now it's time to SCORE!

Today's fun via text messages:

her: are we not speaking or something? Did I do that mystery "thing" again?
me: Did I miss something?

her: U missd me


me: I'm lost for real. Use whole sentences


her: What where u doing last night that u could not call me?


Wooooooooo! But I stayed cool, I stayed cool.

me: I was at work until late. I don't see a missed call that I didn't return, so I'm not understanding the funk.

her: Not funk. Just a question. Why u didn't call me


For those who don't know me well (or at all) the humor of this situation is going to be lost upon you. Nevermind the fact that I don't answer to nobody. Let's say I did.

I'm single. I've been hanging out with Rebound Chick for what, a month?
She's not the only one. In addition, I'm not being real picky right now. I have been using this time to do that whole "socializing" thing. Making sure I still "got it".

Apparently, I do.
Rebound Chick calls me every night. My phone rings at a certain time and I know it's her. She texts me randomly throughout the day. I genuinely like this girl, and if it wasn't for our GLARING MAJOR DIFFERENCES in more than one important area (there are four) I would have no problem wifing her up and being done with this dating nonsense.

Damn standards.

Top this off with the fact that I have never touched this girl. Ever. She gets a hug hello and a hug goodbye. So does my mom. No kisses, no hand holding, nothing that could, on paper, complicate my eventual escape.

If at any time I need to pull this out, I will. But I didn't.

me: I was at work past 2am, that's why.
-silence-
me: Reverse it- why didn't you call me?

her: Cause I wanted to see if u would call me



Chuckii Booker comes to mind.
And no, not "Turned Away"


There are so many lessons to learn here. And not just on how to get along with me. But I find it fitting that N'Dambi's "Call Me" is playing right now, so I will end now.


Plus I got a real date tomorrow. But don't tell nobody. Shhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.